BLEED THE FUEL
ENGINE MODEL CODES
PARTS AND TOOLS
RAW WATER PUMP
SET THE IDLE RPM
' V ' BELT ADJUSTMENT
WATER IN THE ENGINE
WATER IN THE FUEL
The Nav Station...
Yanmar Pleasure Boat Marine Engine Help
Parts and Tools
THINGS YOU NEED FOR A ROUTINE SERVICE
All Yanmar fittings are METRIC so put those INCH tools in another box
- Waste coolant container 1, Hand cleaner
- Bilge and Engine cleaner, Metric Spanners2 , Metric socket set 3
- Screwdriver set 4, Feeler gauges 5, Soft hammer Allen keys6
- Long nose pliers, Side cutting pliers, Water pump pliers
- Oil evacuation pump, Funnel, Waste oil container, Filter wrench
- CRC / WD40 or the like, Rags/paper towels, Magnet-on-a-stick
As you do the job a few times you will know what size, depth of containers you need for your engine / installation.
1 Ethylene glycol is not environmentally friendly, Propylene Glycol is. In either case dispose of waste coolant in accordance with the local rules.
2 Metric ring (12 point) and open end spanners are recommended.
3 12 point Metric sockets. ( 12 point sockets and ring spanners allow for tighter spaces than 6 point )
4 Screwdrivers. Straight bladed (minus) and Phillips head screwdrivers (plus) are required. Do not use other types of (plus)
screwdrivers (e.g. Pozidrive, etc.) on the engine as the crosses in the screw heads will become useless and you will become grumpy.
5 Feeler gauges for adjusting the tappet settings, valve clearances, valve lash or whatever your favorite name is should be metric and not worn. ( 0.1mm = 0.004 inch )
6 10mm set of Metric 'Allen' or hex head keys.
Routine maintenance parts, oil type, valve clearances
Light grey links are not yet built sorry.....